Tuesday, October 9, 2007

5th Times the Charm!

Yeh, it only took 5 times, but Sean and I finally made it through airport security without "incident"! Every time Sean and I have to go through security it is a disaster! They really need a special line for mom's with toddlers, who are also pregnant.

Each time we go through security I have to remove both of our shoes, coats, and any John Deere tractors that are clinched in little fists. This is when the TTMD (total toddler melt down) begins, "no, no, not my shoes....I need my tractor...my coat, my coat!!!!" Then I have to put the (gasp) Thomas the Tank suitcase on the conveyor belt, this is always met with further yelling and kicking, "my Thomas...my Thomas...no, no!!" Then of course you must unpack your laptop, we have to remove and hand over Sean's nebulizer to be hand checked, and of course your 1 gallon bag of liquids (which includes, deodorant, makeup, hair gel, lip gloss, etc..). Then lift both bags and the stroller onto the conveyor belt, at this point I usually have a toddler wrapped around my legs crying. I push all of this through the security hole using the stroller as a battering ram, pick up my fit throwing toddler and march through the tunnel. On the other end I have a pile of stuff spitting out and a line of business men tapping there toes with impatience. I must re-pack the electronics, re-dress the toddler (who now doesn't want his shoes on) gather everything up and get out of the way. I am usually sweating and ready to cry (I'm pregnant, so greeting cards make me cry right now).

Well this time was about the same, however no toddler melt down!! Success!

I love Washington! What a beautiful October day.
IMG_3433

This time Sean also got to visit the pilots. Well actually, Sean ran ahead of me right in to the cockpit, they welcomed him anyway.
IMG_3425

IMG_3437

Back to the desert. It was 83 degrees when we landed, it is 80 today too.
IMG_3457

During our visit home this last week, we spent some time with my brothers family. Here is Sean with my niece Molly and nephew Owen. As you can see, Molly takes after Darren.
IMG_3335

The rain and cold of WA doesn't deter the Brouwer's and Lauby's from taking a good fall walk.
IMG_3351

IMG_3346

IMG_3367

I also took Sean to a fall play at Molbaks nursery in Woodinville. Sean was more interested in throwing hay and hugging pumpkins.
IMG_3396

Please note the pieces of hay still clinched in his little fist. This hay was later taken away as "punishment". That's right, if you don't mind your behavior at the Brouwer's you may just lose your hay! I'm mean like that.
IMG_3403

We were very excited to find that one little pumpkin had survived in our garden at home. Sean loves this little pumpkin so much!! He played with it for hours, he talked to it, and took it for dump truck rides, we even had to make a bed for it at night.
IMG_3408

IMG_3405

Here, he is telling you all about it.
IMG_3406

IMG_3411

Poor, poor Jason was left all alone down in CA for the week. He missed us so much, he decided to test our life insurance policy and drown his sorrows in an "epic" mountain bike ride.
IMG_8688

He headed over to Nevada and rode at Bootleg Canyon. This is a popular downhill and cross country mountain bike destination.
IMG_8689

Poor guy, he was so bored and lonely.IMG_8686

IMG_8695

Yup, he rode down that.
bootleg 010

and that.
bootleg 015

Here, we are supposed to feel sorry for him because he crashed and scratched his new helmet. Poor guy, just look at him...suffering...
bootleg 012

This might be our last trip down to So Cal, (mine and Sean's). My increasing waistline and decreasing patience are making it hard to go back and forth. I will keep you updated on that decision as it gets closer to our next trip home.

Enjoy fall,
Sarah

1 comment:

terra said...

great pictures. it was good to see you for the short time that we saw you. We are so excited for you to come back. Hang in their with all the flying.