Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Smoke

Well, we are a safe distance from the flames of the wild fires, but unfortunately we are getting the smoke.

IMG_0141

These pictures are from yesterday afternoon.
IMG_0144

The air actually doesn't smell bad but according to the news the air quality is a concern.
IMG_0146

We had ash on our car this morning!
IMG_0142

Of course it doesn't help that it is back into the 90's. It's mid October!!
IMG_0139

These pictures are form our balcony.
IMG_9284

IMG_9285

IMG_9275

IMG_9281

Since Sean falls into the "at risk" category for respiratory issues, we have decided to heed the air quality warnings and stay indoors. Which means more super fun crafts!! :)
IMG_9212

Being the mother of a respiratory challenged child you can imagine that I have been paying very close attention to the air quality reports. I currently have an up to the min report on my laptop at all times.
IMG_9227
I know he needs a hair cut! I am ready to cut it in his sleep if he doesn't let someone do it during the day!


I ended staying up too late reading up on air quality, what it is, what they measure, how they measure, reports, medical journal articles on children with reactive airways, short term effects, long term effects.......... After all of that I have decided to move to the hills away from all vehicles and industry. Just kidding, but I do know that I would never have this little guys lungs live down here permanently.
IMG_9229

At this point he is fine and there seems to be no sign of wheezing. There is however huge signs of cabin fever, or shall I say active 2 year old stuck in a small apartment fever! I have had a hard time breathing, but that is probably Ethan pushing all my organs up into my lung cavity. :)
IMG_9208

Speaking of Ethan, with all this indoor craft time on my hands I decided to make Ethan a Halloween costume.
IMG_0260

Sean is also passing the time with his new weed whacker flyer. Yes, he is reading it in Spanish! Clever boy.
IMG_0122

Sean and I are flying home this Friday, we will be staying home for good this time. I have mixed feelings about this decision. I am so excited to be home and to be able to prepare for Ethan's arrival, but I am very sad to be leaving Jason and separating the boys. We do not know when Jason will be able to come home, so it will be single mom time for me. It also means only a few more blogs!!

If anyone has any questions about ozone, carbon monoxide, or nitrogen oxide give me a call :)
Sarah

2 comments:

Laners said...

can't wait to see you guys. Hope you have a safe and peaceful flight home :)

Gretchen said...

I'm so very thankfull that I'm not having to deal with all of Luke's current problems and air quality at the same time. I pray that those with problems who have been evacuated are doing ok. What a nightmare to be going through. I'm sure it will be nice to get home where you won't need to worry about all that stuff, even though leaving Jason will be difficult.