Thursday, October 18, 2007

Pastry Heaven!

This is Porto's, it is pastry heaven.

Porto's is a Cuban bakery on Hollywood Way, I have to pass it twice a day taking Jason to and from work. Yea, I know, it's mean. There it is, a big fancy bakery, begging for me to come in and taste it's wares.

IMG_2544

I first went into Porto's during my hunt for decent coffee (that is something I will have to post about another time). Instead I found this!!!! This is only one of the many cases of wicked, yummy, super tasty pastries. The selection just goes on and on and on.
IMG_2545

At first I was trying to be casual, holding my camera down low, trying to be inconspicuous.
IMG_2550

Whoa! Look at those baked pieces of buttery flaky heaven! Hello!
IMG_2573

Soon I abandoned all pride and just nuzzled right up to the glass case and started taking pictures of my new found loves. I mean come on....just look at that!!!
IMG_2574

These are the lengths I go to to bring you the best journalistic experience I can. I just had to show you this place! Look, there are orchids on those coconut covered little cake thingy's.
IMG_2571

Don't mind the little blonde boy running free in the bakery.
IMG_2570

Well, Hello there lover!
IMG_2575

Having no shame, I continue to snap away.
IMG_2577

I figure hey, I'm pregnant, whose going to say anything.
IMG_2578


This bakery is not helping me keep my pregnancy weight down. I think I gained a few pounds just taking these pictures.
IMG_2579

Shhhh, don't tell my thighs about that one.
IMG_2580

If it weren't for the embarrassment I was bringing on myself by bending over and pressing my camera up to the cases, I would have taken even more pictures for you.
IMG_2581

In order to truly bring you the best journalistic experience I can, I had to, of course, taste the pastries that I had just embarrassed myself for. Yes, I ate these for you!

This is a pear and cream cheese danish, and an apple turnover.
IMG_2547

Oh man! the pear/cream cheese danish is worth the flight down here, seriously.


Whoa there Mr, grabby.......that's one way to get your little hand smacked!
IMG_2549

Sean and I have gone to Porto's a few times now. The other day when we were stopped at the light next to Porto's Sean yells "look mom, it's our bakery. Let's get some pastries!" Jason turned and raised an accusatory eyebrow at me. "Oh, hee hee, where does that kid come up with these things. hee hee hee".

Ok, we don't have room for everybody, so you will have to take turns flying down to get your pastries.

I hope I didn't ruin anybody's diet.

Sarah

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I've never seen a bakery that looked that good. They have some beautiful creations!!! and tons of them. Good thing you are thin. I'd be in BIG trouble. (:
Connie
(hope you guys get to Disneyland or Universal Studios or Knotts or at least one of the nice amusement parks that draws everyone down there on vacation - before you leave. Now that the weather is more civil. Probably really nice about now.

Laners said...

I love HAM CROQUETTES, they are so yummy. I ate so many while in Miami. Cuban bread is super good, if you want to try it. I was surprised to see no "pastelitos" on the menu. If they are truly Cuban, they should have them. Its basicaly a Cuban pastlry with diff. fillings. I personally love beef and cheese(not together...they are 2 different things).
Hope all is well