Thursday, October 25, 2007

Hip Hip Horay!

It's our last day!
Well at least for Sean and I, we will be flying home tomorrow. While I am extremely happy to be heading back home, we are very sad to be leaving Daddy.

It's true that without us around Jason can do things like sleep in, watch action packed movies as loud as he wants, eat what, when , and where he likes, and of course ride his bike everyday! But all of that doesn't quite compare to a sweet little voice waking you up by saying, "good morning dad! You wana play backhoe?" (this has been happening every morning around 6:30, and is usually followed with a toy backhoe being thrust into Jason's face)

All of those perks also don't compare to this...IMG_2592

Or this..
IMG_9179

Or this...
IMG_7569

Or this..
IMG_8762
Yes, I will be in trouble for posting that one :)

Or even this.
IMG_8388

Yup, we are sure going to miss Dad!!
IMG_2287

The really sad part is that we don't know when we will see dad again. He is scheduled to be home for Thanksgiving, but lets hope he can come home before that!


Since 2 out of the 3 Brouwer's are now leaving L.A. this will probably be my last "Brouwer's in L.A." blog post. The blog has helped me stay in touch by sharing my pictures, thoughts, and experiences with all of you back home. Thanks for reading, and thank you for your feedback, I really appreciate it. I will be home soon, so if you miss your daily dose of Brouwer blog, you can always call, email, or stop on by!

So now for some loose ends. Here are a few random pictures that did not quite make it in the posts this week.

Last Sunday we ventured back to Rodeo Dr., this time with Jason.
IMG_0091

I know, I know, can you believe we lived down here, 30 min from Disneyland, and didn't go, but we made it to Rodeo Dr. twice!
IMG_0101
We actually plan on making a trip to Disney in the future when the kids are big enough to enjoy it, and I am not so big and can enjoy it :)

While visiting Rodeo, Jason spotted this car. Apparently it is some super duper nice car that makes all men's testosterone filled hearts burst with excitement.
IMG_0040

It is a Bugatti Veyron. It is one of the fastest and most expensive street legal cars you can buy. It costs over a million dollars.
IMG_0049

IMG_0059

On a totally different topic, I thought I would show you Sean's Halloween costume. I was looking for a pumpkin costume for him since he adores pumpkins. While at the store he spotted this monkey costume and yelled, "look mom a monkey!!! It's Curious George!!!" (he also loves Curious George) I took him in the dressing room, tried on the costume, then he wouldn't take it off!!
He wore it around all day. Since it is back up in the 90's down here I have had to lay down the law about only wearing the monkey costume in the air conditioned apartment. I don't want to be the mom on the news with the heat stroke kid in a monkey suite.

Later in the day I heard some noise coming out of the bedroom, this is what I found.
IMG_9246
A little monkey, in the closet, pretending to drink out of an empty milk carton. Please don't judge me, I'm just reporting the facts. (hmm dad, where did he get that idea anyway)

He could tell by my reaction that this was both funny and a no, no, so he ran laughing to the next closet in an attempt to hide from me. I guess it is hard to take your mom seriously when she is chasing you with a camera in one hand, laughing and saying "come back here you little milk guzzling monkey!"
IMG_9251

Every morning Sean and I drive Jason to work so we can have the car for the day. We usually have to leave before 7:30 so Sean and I are often still in our pajamas. Here is a picture of Sean in the parking lot this morning, in his Superman PJ's.
IMG_0008

This is also what he wore when I went into the local coffee shop for my morning latte. Again, don't judge me, I really needed the coffee.

They don't have drive through coffee stands in CA!! No, I'm not kidding! This is supposed to be L.A., the super enlightened city, superior to all other cities, right. Well, not in the coffee arena, no sir. Not only do they not have any drive throughs, they really don't have good coffee. You only have a few options, Starbucks, which of course gives you the same good cup of coffee as you would find in Seattle, and The Coffee Bean, a local chain. Neither offer drive throughs, apparently everyone has a personal assistant to get there cup o joe for them. Even Porto's gave me a blank stare when I asked for a double tall 2% latte. Crazy town.

Well it took me a while but I found a little corner coffee and tea store that makes a Seattle worthy latte. A couple mornings a week you may find Superman and his yawning mom purchasing there morning coffee. (well, not any more, we are going home now)

So today we are packing up our stuff, doing laundry, and spending our last little bit of precious time with daddy.


By, by L.A.
IMG_0129

Sarah

5 comments:

Gretchen said...

I can only imagine how hard this must be for you right now. I hope your trip goes well. I'll miss your blogs-keep reading mine :)

The Winks said...

Kyle has that same monkey costume!!! Have a safe trip home.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Vinho, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://vinho-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Anonymous said...

http://stpetersyouth.t-nguyen.com/node/38186

Anonymous said...

here on this web-site is picked up a huge range of interesting articles: [url=http://strojdomsam.ru/podvore/kak-postroit-svoimi-rukami-sadovuyu-besedku.html]садовые беседки своими руками[/url].