Thursday, September 20, 2007

Back to LA LA land

Wow, it has been so long since I wrote a blog I had to warm up, do some stretches, finger calisthenics, crack my knuckles, extra coffee..... ok, I'm ready. Here is our trip back to L.A.

Sean loves this part of the trip....
IMG_3135

He loves watching the airplanes while we wait to board. He stands at the big windows and yells, with all the enthusiasm his little 2 year old heart can muster, "there's an airplane!!!!" every time an airplane goes by (which is every minute since we are at the airport).
IMG_3132

This trip was special because Daddy was with us. Yah, Daddy got to experience the security meltdown too :)! Daddy also got to carry all the luggage, lift all the luggage and be my overall super hero for the day, thanks hun! It is so much easier to travel with a big strong Daddy!
IMG_3139

My plan for this trip was to let Daddy do all the toddler entertaining while I read a book. That's right, no bozo the clown theatrics to keep Sean occupied, no repetitive reading from "Oh No Train Wont Go" books, no pretending to build houses with construction vehicles and wads of paper, just relax and read!!!
IMG_3140

I want to point out that the airplane bathroom is directly next to me. While this is super convenient for me, being pregnant and having the bladder capacity of a mustard seed, it is not so great since you get to smell the airplane bathroom every time one of the several hundred other passengers uses the bathroom throughout the plane trip. Sorry, just reporting the facts.



Good buy Seattle, we love you!
IMG_3144


IMG_3146


Even though I was not on toddler duty, I did break out the always entertaining construction vehicles.
IMG_3143

Jason however had a much better plan. Knowing he had to entertain the little guy, Jason brought along the most captivating toddler tool in our whole arsenal......the John Deer DVD!!!! Big cheater!!!!!! Look at him smirking, hee hee, "work smarter, not harder"! Cheater!! Cheater!
IMG_3155

Just look at them! I am exhausted after 2 hours of flying with Sean because I am actively working to keep my 2 year old from crying, kicking the seat, dropping construction vehicles, wanting to "get down", yelling out Old MacDonald tunes, and generally squirming and annoying everyone. A DVD, I am so mad I didn't think of that before!!! I didn't even know my laptop had a DVD player. Jason actually got to sleep, and Sean didn't even move from that position. Oh well, at least I got to read.
IMG_3158

This picture doesn't quite capture the level of difficulty presented to you when changing a toddler in an airplane bathroom. I had to hold the camera against the door (that's why the picture is crooked) to even get the picture, there is no room. Sean's head is against one wall and his little bum is almost against the other. Don't forget that the plane is moving, and your toddler is actively trying to touch everything he can get his hands on. I have a pregnant belly in the way and I am actively trying to not touch anything else in the bathroom.

Yes, I took a picture of my son in an airplane bathroom. These are the lengths I go to in order to provide you with the best journalistic blog experience you can get. Your welcome.
IMG_3165



The woman sitting in front of me was very entertaining. First she drank the planes Jack Daniels supply, then when properly plastered she told the back of the airplane about her "God awful" periods thanks to menopause. She told us all about her first husband, second husband, and current third, then her "ungrateful" children. She explained that smoking and drugs are very bad for you, however Jack Daniels was "just great", while waving her empty bottle in the air. She eventually settled into talking about politics with the other two people in her row, and at one point she told the gentleman on the end to "pull his head out of his ass". Jason slept through the whole thing, I just sat back, read my book, and breathed in the bathroom air.

I am very happy to report that the temperature has decreased greatly since we were last here. It is now 75 degrees and sunny, really perfect. I am grateful for the decrease, now I can take Sean to the park without getting dehydrated. I do love the change in season that WA provides, it just doesn't quite feel like fall down here. Oh well, at least it is not 100!

Thanks for reading!

Sarah

2 comments:

Laners said...

That lady sounds funny...How come I never meet people like that on the plane???
glad all is well

Anonymous said...

Our "change of weather" isn't all that great. It is WET and COLD!!!! we're all freezing.