Friday, September 28, 2007

Busy Boy part II

Otherwise known as "How to keep an active toddler boy occupied so he doesn't drive you crazy in a strange town with no friends and limited mobility". Or "This child is climbing the walls and I am pulling out my hair, let's do something creative before somebody gets hurt".

I found these little wood models at Michael's, they are only $1, and they come with all the tools necessary to build them. Oh sure, the box says 5 years +, but Sean is a very mature 2 year old ;).

IMG_7611


First you sand all the pieces and paint them (you, meaning mom, sands them). I recommend not using the paint that comes with these kits - it gave me strange but fond memories of the cadaver lab back in college. We just used our non-toxic finger paint.
IMG_7612

I think there is more paint on the paper than the truck, but hey, he is the artist, who am I to judge.
IMG_7614


After the paint has dried, it is time to assemble your model. These little "headlights" are a bugger to get in place after they are coated in finger paint (mom did that part too).
IMG_2532

I also recommend a Bob the Builder hammer to help with the construction of this project, very important.
IMG_2534

IMG_2538


At this point Sean wandered off and started reading a book while I was left at the table with paint up to my elbows and my fingers glued together. "Hey, get back here, I'm doing this for you!"
IMG_2539


There you have it, my, I mean Sean's finished project. Ok, so maybe next time I will pay better attention to the age recommendation for the art project!
IMG_7618
P.S. the tail gate and front wheels have fallen off already.


Ok, now for some random pictures (sorry, we just haven't been very interesting lately).

I have been driving past this store every time I take Jason to work, so Sean and I visited it yesterday to see what all the fuss is about. Ok, ok, I had a jelly bean craving! Look at that sign, can you blame me?
IMG_3256

It was nothing special, just jelly bellies of every flavor and color and some assorted gummies. I did however find the antique book store next door very interesting, but Sean did not. While I was perusing some ancient books, Sean walked over and touched an old movie poster hanging on the wall. The owner said "excuse me mam, that is a $100 poster, do you mind". What, his hands are clean, geez, what kind of a mom do you think I am.


These are a few pictures of Sean with two Geo Trax garbage men hanging on his ears.
IMG_8463

They probably have lead paint all over them.
IMG_8464


Ahh, the life of Sean.
IMG_8465

Well, after today I should have some interesting stuff for you. We are going to the Grauman's Chinese Theater today, you know the place with all the super star hand prints, and the Getty Villa in Malibu this weekend.

Sean and I are flying home this coming Monday to check up on baby B's progress.


Enjoy your day!


Sarah

2 comments:

Laners said...

Those are the cutest pictures of Sean. Love it. Have a fun weekend.

The Winks said...

love the pics of the garbage men on his ears. Those will be worth good money some day. :)