Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Blasted, stinking, crazy HOT!

I want to start this post by apologizing for all spelling, grammar, and punctuation mistakes made in all my blogs. It's true, I am a college graduate, however I am beyond hopeless when it comes to spelling. I blame my sister....she is an English teacher and she horded all the spelling genes for herself. She also took all the DNA code for tanning. My brother took all the math genes, and he got the skinny legs in the family. Really all those two left me with were some meager science genes, and the best eyesight in the family, which is not saying much. Thanks big sis and bro!



Ok back to my post. It is blasted, stinking, crazy Hot down here! I have been here for almost a week and it has been consistently in the high 90's everyday. 96 degrees has been the daily norm. Now I know you are all up in the cloudy rain saying "oh boo hoo, Sarah, sunny nice weather", but really it is just too hot. Sean and I have been doing some activities in the morning, when it's only in the 80's, then hanging out in the air conditioning for the rest of the day. Plus don't forget I am pregnant so I feel like it is 90 and I have a giant magnifying glass on me. My poor hubby has been bearing the brunt of my heat complaints, sorry love ;).


So Sean and I have been hanging out at the pool every morning, or as Sean calls it the "swimming cool".
IMG_2270


Sean really loves the water, just like his Daddy.
IMG_2274

However, Sean will not venture past the first step, no matter what. I have tried coaxing him into the pool with me but nope, no doing, just the first step. He sits nicely splashing and playing...
IMG_2275

then he gets out...
IMG_2278

and watches the water run off his shorts...
IMG_2273

back in for some good splashing..
IMG_2282

watch the water run....
IMG_2276

good splashing.
IMG_2281

Yes there is a whole pool, but for Sean the first step is just dandy.
IMG_2284

We saw a little lizard by the pool today.
IMG_2417

There is also a really nice child's play area here at the apartment.
IMG_2251


IMG_2252


IMG_2253

but wait, there's a puddle!!! (from the sprinklers)
IMG_2254

I like how he is holding his shorts up, saves me some laundry :).
IMG_2257

and a tree!!!!
IMG_2260

pick flowers...
IMG_2261

put in tree...
IMG_2263

What is going through their little minds?
IMG_2262

Pssst kid, there is a big playground right behind you.
IMG_2266

Boy's!
IMG_2267

Coming soon: Apartment tour, Train ride and stories from the laundry room. Stay tuned!



Thanks for all your comments, I miss everyone!

3 comments:

Jason said...

Great narrative honey! It's fun to see all the pictures of 'buddy'.

Anonymous said...

Sarah, this is so fun to look at and read. you do realize that for all intensive purposes it looks like you're on a full blown VACATION!!! so consider yourself lucky (even if the heat is wasted on you...at least there is a pool to swim in EVERY DAY!!)
take a dip for me :)
jen

Anonymous said...

Hey, what happened to thankful?? oh that was yesterday. (: But Trent assured me it is blasted hot!! 96 is pretty unbearable. Hopefully that will cool down soon. It's fun to follow your journey. I just hope you start to enjoy it too. Have you guys tried to find a place with a washer/dryer? Trent said they are hard to find, BUT with a furnished unti I can't believe you have to go down 3 stories and still none in the building. That would really bother me!! especially with my knees.
Connie