Friday, August 24, 2007

Busy Boy

Today I will focus on keeping a toddler busy. We have no playdates, no errands, no cleaning, and until today no car, so here are some of the things Sean and I have been doing to pass he time (besides the pool and playground).

Playdough is always a toddler pleaser.
IMG_7295

We have regular playdough toys like cookie cutters and extruders, but nothing quite keeps his attention like construction equipment.
IMG_7298

Carefully scoop the "dirt"....
IMG_7299

go it.....steady man...steady...
IMG_7300

now place it in the dump truck. Well ok it is actually a snow plow, but today it was a dump truck.
IMG_7301

Some of you may know the Locke family, I owe them a ton of gratitude. Cindy and her kids gave Sean this squirt bottle before we left and it has provided hours of entertainment for him! He will stand out on the porch and squirt and squirt and squirt. He can empty the bottle in 2 min flat.
IMG_7341

He has the little squirt guns, but he really prefers the bottle, it has a much better range and is easier to shoot. I really recommend this to other toddler boy mommies out there.
IMG_7343

Look out below!
IMG_7345

Look out birds! I always hope the downstairs neighbors are not home during these play times.
IMG_7346

Thank you Locke family!
IMG_7347

There is also unending fun in fixing Daddy's bike. Sean really goes to town with this activity. Yesterday Jason and I were in the living room while Sean was "fixing" the bike in the bedroom. Sean ran out and said "I cut it!", Jason jumped off the couch and said (in a very concerned voice) "show me!". Don't worry ol Knolly is just fine, and yes I did say bedroom. That's right my competition has now moved into our bedroom! First the laptop in bed and now Knolly. The honeymoon is over.
IMG_7407

I wish I could show you an action shot on this one, imagine banging and clanking and yelling!
IMG_7409

Were did he learn this behavior, hmmm I wonder....
IMG_7411

Yesterday Sean and I went for a walk to find some rocks to paint, we could only find pine cones, so we painted them instead.
IMG_7416


IMG_7417

Quite an improvement over plain brown don't you think?
IMG_7420

This morning Sean and I took Dad to work and we headed back to Travel Town to ride the train again. Sean really loves this and it is only $2.50, so why not.
IMG_2515

We also played at Griffith park again. I am on the other end of this teeter totter with a camera in one hand and Starbucks in the other.
IMG_2490

*note smog in back ground
IMG_2493

Sorry Grandpa Jim, there was not a police car option.
IMG_2506

Sean picked up a lady, chicks dig a man in uniform.
IMG_2508

This little girl was really cute, she was at the park with her grandmother and she had several scabs and scrapes on her face. Right after I took this picture she decided to dismount and jumped right through the center of the tire while it was still swinging. She was of course pummeled by the tire and Sean's feet, the grandmother just picked her up shrugged her shoulders looked at me and said "this is why she is so banged up". 2 year olds!
IMG_2511



Thanks everyone! See you tomorrow,

Sarah

1 comment:

Laners said...

Looks like a fun day. I love you idea of painting rocks/pine cones. I'm gonna steal it :)