Friday, August 31, 2007

Rodeo Drive

Thats right, I went shopping on Rodeo Drive today!!!! I braved the L.A. freeways (it took three to get there) and drove to the most famous high end shopping on the west coast. I had three goals: 1. find it! 2. have coffee in a cute little cafe and 3. look at really nice expensive stores.

IMG_2636

Sorry this picture has glare, I took it through my windshield with my cannon point and shoot. This is looking down Rodeo Dr.
IMG_2598

Here is the Subaru on Rodeo, I was really suprised to find street parking. Interesting note: We have the only Subaru in CA, or at least L.A.. Jason and I have only seen one other Subaru since we have been here. Back home in Seattle, we have mistaken other Subaru's to be our own, they are so common. My friend who lives down here was teasing us asking what this strange car was we were driving?
IMG_2619

First Sean and I found a neat little French cafe.
IMG_2604

Sean really loved the salt and pepper shakers. Whatever makes you quiet...I mean happy.
IMG_2607

This is what $8 oatmeal looks like. IMG_2612

When I was looking at the menu I noticed all the coffee drinks were served as single shots. Hmm I thought, I usually get a double shot, but since this is a French cafe I thought it would be wise to stick to the single. Wow, I am so glad I did, it was super strong! Their single tasted like a quad shot, but oh, it was gooood.

Pictures from Rodeo
IMG_2600


IMG_2616


IMG_2618

The front of the Harry Winston store looks like it's melting. It was 100 degrees today, maybe it is!
IMG_2620

This was a beautiful dress in the Dior window.
IMG_2621


IMG_2622

Most of the stores did not have price tags on the merchandise. You know the old saying, "If you have to ask, you can't afford it", well that is true here!
IMG_2623

This is the Versace store. I walked through this store and all the sales people were standing like mannequins around the store.
IMG_2625

Here we are outside Versace. We are sporting the spring line from Old Navy.
IMG_2627

All the sales people were dressed in very nice suites in all the stores, perfectly pressed and looking flawless.
IMG_2630

I just happen to catch a nice car in this picture, but really, there were so many nice cars here I could have taken the picture at any moment and captured some kind of nice vehicle.
IMG_2637


IMG_2632

This Ralph Lauren store is amazing.
IMG_2633

The entry is an atrium, there is a fountain down at the end of all the plants.
IMG_2634

I finally got up the nerve to snap a picture inside one of the stores. This is in Ralph Lauren.
A cashmere sleveless sweater caught my eye here, it was $600.
IMG_2635

I saved the Coach picture for last. We were parked right outside of this store and went in to look just before we headed home. I was admiring a gorgeous purse and a sales associate came up and asked how I was doing. "Oh fine, just looking" I said, he looked down at my purse and said, "so were are you from?" LOL... my purse/diaper bag/hiking bag gave me away!!!


IMG_2615

Here is my purse, it is actually a hiking bag from REI. Now why would he think that I was from somewhere else!!!!
IMG_2641

"I'm from Seattle" I said, "Oh", he said with a smile and head nod. It was a very funny moment, he looked at me as if to say, yea, I can tell! I had a good laugh when I got back to the car.

I called Jason and the conversation went something like this..... (Sarah) "Hey honey, guess what! I'm shopping on Rodeo Drive!!!!! " (Jason) "What!...why are you there?....don't buy anything!!!" (Sarah) "Oh honey, I didn't. Hey, can I buy a $300 Coach purse?" (Jason) "NO" click!



Oh well, I'll go back and try again another day:)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We went to Rodeo drive once. I was also soo surprised to see no price tags. Lewis told me the same thing! Hey - you need to ditch those dark clothes. No wonder you are soooo hot. I couldn't believe what a difference light colors make. My blue denim made my leg literally feel like they were on fire (and they were red underneath) - when I covered my lap with a light colored towel the temp dropped immediately. (tips from my desert dwelling husband)-he grew up in Barstow in the Mojave desert.
Connie

Laners said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Laners said...

When I was there I was surprised at how short Rodeo drive really was. I was expecting it to be miles upon miles, but no its a block.
Also, you conversation with Jason is hilarious. Eddie didn't think it was, but I was laughing my butt off.
Hehe.