Thursday, August 23, 2007

I Love the 80's

It's true, I flipped up the collar on my jean jacket, wore jelly bracelets (Ricky Schroeder style), doubled up my polo shirts, and yes I had very big bangs... but that's not the 80's I'm speaking of today. Nor am I speaking about the VH1 show, although I do like to watch it while eating a vegemite sandwich. I'm talking temperature oh yea I love the 80's. Thanks hurricane Dean for the respite from the 90's, I love you.


The nice man cleaning the pool gave Sean two squirt guns to play with, this made Sean very happy!
IMG_2406


IMG_2414

First he squirted at unsuspecting ants.....
IMG_2411

of course he shot at his dear mother...
IMG_2412

then turned the gun on himself... this kid needs a playmate!
IMG_2413

We see Mr. Lizard (I know, very creative and original name) everyday, we have figured out his hang outs. Not even Mr. Lizard escaped the squirt gun, even a few birds had close calls.
IMG_2434

After fleeing the wild west squirt guns, Mr. Lizard ran away. Sean stood at the rail shouting "were are you lizard? were are you lizard?".
IMG_2438

He needs a friend, I mean besides Mr. Lizard.
IMG_2440

With no lizards to chase Sean decided to venture down to the third step.
IMG_2441

This is as far as he can go, so you wont have to listen to anymore boring pool depth updates.
IMG_2445
I must insert a little story here: After hanging at the swimming cool Sean and I went to the clubhouse to pick up a laundry card (I will explain that another time). The club house is usually busy with child stars practicing dance moves or people checking in and out, it is also were the workout room, theater room, and multipurpose rooms are. What I'm saying is, there are lots of people here including the front desk. Before leaving the pool I was rounding up my gun toting toddler and I said "Sean let's go mama needs to go potty" - sorry about the details, I'm just reporting the facts. Later when we were in the clubhouse Sean shouts out "mama need go potty!!" Lovely!! I had several strangers turn and laugh out loud at me as I hurried my dripping toddler with squirt guns in hand through the lobby.


I'd like to take this opportunity to apologize to my mom again for any public embarrassment I caused her. sorry mom :)






Here is a picture from our balcony of the beautiful L.A. air. I'm estimating by this picture that there is about a 50/50 clean to dirty air ratio here. The bad news is that the dirty air is on the bottom. This picture was taken a few days ago, it actually looks to be about 60/40 now with the 60% on the bottom. After being in an air conditioned apartment for a little while I feel like I need to open the door and get some fresh air, that is not what you get when you open the door. It smells like heat, like dirt and cement and heat, it is not refreshing at all. In WA when you step outside there is a crispness and clean feel to the air, I miss that.
IMG_7337-1

Later in the day Sean, still lacking in playmates, found a stick and beat a tree.
IMG_2467

Boy's!
IMG_2468

Ah Ha! another toddler!!!! This is Cooper, he and his two big brothers were at the play area with there nanny. Sean was in heaven running and playing with other boys.
IMG_2477
Sean and I also went to a kid play time put on by the apartment complex. It is a get together designed to let parents meet and let kids play. So far all the kids I have seen or met here are above 5 years old and they are all here for acting, commercials, and modeling. This complex is not really apartments it is corporate housing, furnished apartments for short term living. At the pool the other day I met a mom who is here from North Carolina, she has been here for 2 1/2 mos to try and get her daughter into commercials. She has three other kids and a husband back home so they have decided to head home since school is starting soon. I also heard another mom at the pool talking about how her son had a spot on Hanna Montana. Showbiz is the norm around here so I was really happy to meet two other mom's at this play time who were not here for showbiz, they were like me and had followed there husbands here. One of the mom's is here with three kids under the age of 6 and she is pregnant. It gets worse, they are all in a one bedroom apartment. I went ahead and practiced some more thankfulness after talking to her!!

I would like to take this opportunity to thank GE for providing us with a furnished, two bedroom apartment. Thanks




So this looks like a fern right?
IMG_2455

but look, it has a palm tree base. Weird.
IMG_2476

Thanks for reading,
Sarah

4 comments:

Laners said...

Love the post.

Anonymous said...

This is such a cool sight. And you write amusing annedotes (speaking of good spelling - this is apparently spelled incorrectly cause I can't even find it in the dictionary) and your spelling is good!!! And you are becoming thankful. yeah Sarah!!
Connie

Anonymous said...

Oh - I think that is a sword fern

Anonymous said...

I am so bummed you guys had to move away for 4 months, but so happy to read this blog everyday. You truly brighten my day and give me the giggles. Nobody can relate to the in's and out's of a toddler boys mind better than other mothers of toddler boys... Can't wait to see you in Sep. Stay cool. Us white girls gotta watch out for the nasty bright ball in the sky!
Kimberly