Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Train Time

On Saturday Jason and I took Sean to a big park in L.A. named Griffith Park. This "park" is 4,210 acres on Mt. Hollywood. It has several attractions including the L.A. Zoo, hiking, an observatory and most importantly..... a train museum! Most of you know that Sean is a huge train fan, a passion fueled by his Papa Lauby of course!


IMG_2300

They had several old steam trains for the kids to climb up into. These trains are huge!!!
IMG_2299

Most of them were from the 1920's.
IMG_2304


IMG_2306

There is a little train that circles the property that you can ride on.
IMG_2317

Sean had his ticket, he is ready to go!
IMG_2320

Doesn't Jason make that train look small :)
IMG_2321

Insert super cute little voice saying, "oh my toot toot mama! Toot toot, were choo choo ride'n". Repeat throughout train ride....
IMG_2331

Nothing quite fills a little boys heart with joy like a choo choo ride!
....ok maybe a Firetruck ride, or watching a backhoe dig dirt, or planes landing, or something/anything being demolished..but you get my point.
IMG_2330


IMG_2338

I love this picture!
They are matching from head to toe, they even both have pockets on the sides of there shorts, it was completely on accident, but still cute.
IMG_2287

Here is some evidence that I am here too.
IMG_2298

Weird plant, I thought I would throw it in.
IMG_2349

Here are two of the studios that we drive past when coming and going from our apartment. There are several very nice cars pulling in the out of these places.
Warner Brothers
IMG_2427

and NBC
Jason wants to hang out and see if Jay Leno arrives in a McLaren, or one of his other numerous high end cars.
IMG_2425

We were at the mall the other night and there was a film crew filming something there. Apparently this is so common here it is a nuisance. I am not used to it so I tried to take a casual picture, it is a little fuzzy because I just pulled my camera out of my purse and held it down by my side. I don't want to look too touristy!
IMG_2421

Pool update: Sean has ventured down tot he second step! The first step only covers his ankles, but the second...... well, he is up to his waist now!

Also: Thanks to hurricane Dean our weather is improving. It should dip down to the high 80's for the rest of the week. You should hear the weather man talk about the temp, "it going to be going down significantly this week", spoken in a stern concerned voice. Can you even imagine a Seattle weather man saying DOWN to 80's, hee hee. Then he said it may even get down to unseasonably cold weather.... the ... the ... high 70's (insert Hollywood scream)! So you can stop your hate mail ;) I will be donning my fleece in no time. Ok maybe not fleece, but I will definitely need a short sleeve shirt by the weekend.

Also, also: Jason was able to feel baby B kick yesterday. This one is really active, I may be in for another tough one!

2 comments:

Laners said...

Looks like you guys had a busy weekend and are having a fun time.

Anonymous said...

funny - we went to that zoo and I don't even remember seeing the trains. But I'm soooo observant and can't remember last week. Glad it will be cooling down for you.
Looks like Sean is enjoying everything!
Connie