Thursday, August 30, 2007

Poor Me

Some of you know my good friend Cindy, she is quite an amazing woman. She is not only a friend, she is a role model and mentor. Cindy is all these things, and she has a really good sense of humor, I received this picture from her in an e-mail last night, titled "To the Laundry Princess".....



559997[1]

Cindy always has a way of putting me in my place and giving me perspective. Whenever I find myself with my hand across my forehead, lamenting my horrid situation, she does something like this!
Ok, ok, my situation is not soooo bad (I guess). Next time I see a (gasp) hair in the laundry room I will have this picture in my head, thanks Cindy!!!!!
I can just see Cindy sitting in her living room, folding laundry from the 6 kids, and 3 adults that live in her home, reading my blog, and rolling her eyes.




Ok, back to my pity party ;). It was 103 degrees here yesterday!!! Look, the Subaru doesn't lie!

My shoes were melting to the sidewalk, metal was dripping from the light posts, my........ I better stop before Cindy sends me another e-mail with the death toll statistics from the heat-wave in the mid-west.
IMG_2587

Even the L.A.ites were miserable yesterday, we were put on a level one electricity warning. Let me tell you something friends, if we have blackouts down here in 100 degree heat, I'm gone! Apparently the rest of the week and weekend are going to be like this so we are supposed to conserve power and water. It's true, I am still using my laptop, and of course the AC, but I didn't use my hair dryer or curling iron this morning. Hey, just doing my part.



The day did end with a really great sunset. This is the first time there have been clouds around for a sunset. Clouds really make the color bounce around.
IMG_7640

I had to take most of these from inside, it was still blasted crazy hot out.
IMG_7644

When I was outside, my little sunset watching buddy was right there with me.
IMG_7657

If you look really close you can see his halo.
IMG_7659


IMG_7664

I actually heard the Halleluiah chorus at this point.
IMG_7688

Earlier in the day, when it was only 90, Sean and I were at the pool. This squirt bottle is the best toy we have ever owned. Just look at the many play options, squirting, dumping, squirting....ok, I guess that's all, but he really loves it.
IMG_2555

We met a sweet little girl named Clare. Clare and her family are here from Virginia, her dad works for Disney. After noticing that Sean doesn't move from the top step, Clare and her mom were very nice and decided to share a floatation device with Sean.
IMG_2563

You can tell he really likes the hot pink!
I only got a few shots of them before I had to break up a nasty pool fight over the squirt bottle. I'm telling you, it is a really great toy!
IMG_2564

This picture needs very little narration, what can I say. I just want to let you know that if you want to come down and attend the "Healing Waters Institute" and hydro clean your colon, you are welcome to stay with us.
IMG_2551

Sarah

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great sunset pictures!

Anonymous said...

Well Cindy certainly has a point! (: While your blog is amusing - not getting that much sympathy.
Connie